Monday, March 7, 2011

The Effortless Cardigan


While only minimal amounts of sewing may be going on around here lately, LOTS of knitting has been making up for it. I've been off my feet, knitting close to five hours a day (usually late into the night), and I finished my new sweater in two weeks! This is record-breaking for a slow knitter like me.

The pattern is called The Effortless Cardigan, designed by Hannah Fettig and it's very hot amongst all the Ravelers right now. And really, it was fairly effortless if you don't count all the hours logged and aching muscle joints. A great sweater to try if you're comfortable with knitting but haven't yet made the plunge into sweater-knitting.


Mine was knit with the gorgeous madelinetosh dk in the color Gossamer. I love grey and this one has a beautiful, very subtle lavender hue to it. It's super comfy and wearable and will get tons use use during the rest of my pregnancy and beyond.


I'm looking rather grouchy here showing off my growing rear, but I wanted you to see how the back of the sweater hangs. Modeling is never my idea of fun and certainly not at 23 weeks pregnant!


In between knits and purls, I'm trying to squeeze a little sewing machine time in, and I really need to get to work on my Single Girl quilt. I confess I've fallen behind. If you have too, make sure you hop on over  to Katy's blog for inspiration to get you going again - she's leading us through step 4 today in the Single Girl Quilt-along.

Happy Monday Everyone!



13 comments:

  1. You look fab!!!! AND, the sweater is great too. LOVE it actually. Not only will you get to enjoy it now, but after the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't met a MadTosh that I didn't like. It's soft and dreamy to work with and the color changes are the kind I enjoy. Your effortless cardigan looks wonderful on you! The sleeves and arms fit especially well which is where I always find very hard to get just right. By the way, you look wonderful so keep your modeling gig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks! That's got to be a new record! The sweater is beautiful and you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you and the sweater are gorgeous! It looks just beautiful and it will be perfect to wear now and after the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that sweater!! Your knitting is gorgeous and even - it looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's lovely Megan! & if you keep whipping up gorgeous knits like this then you are fully excused falling behind a little with your single girl ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantatstic Megan...I am petrified of trying to make anything like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cardigan, such lovely yarn, and well done on your amazingly speedy knitting! You look great, and trust me, I'm a lost grumpier about my behind than you need to be about yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off - you look FABULOUS!! Pregnancy certainly suits you.

    Second...SHUT UP you made that? Man I wish I could knit! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! and that sweater is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cardi! The colour is gorgeous. I haven't even started my single girl quilt yet... But I need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute......checking out the pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're too cute! Love the belly and the sweater. I'm wishing these days that I had learned to knit... because then I could at least be doing something! :)

    ReplyDelete