Monday, March 8, 2010

Swap Time Part I: DQS8 Received!

This weekend I was having a rather crappy Saturday. I woke up feeling a touch on the ill side and Lucy was more crabby than usual. I muddled through the day and went to the mailbox that afternoon expecting only junk and bills (as I have been behaving myself in the fabric ordering department - until today, that is) and look what jumped out and surprised me:



Now wouldn't this package make your day?

This beautiful mini quilt was made for me by the enormously talented and generous Kelli. She did such a super job of incorporating my favorite colors and fabrics into this, and the pattern is awesome. I need to learn how to make these hexes! This is going to hang on the wall in Lucy's nursery. Along with the quilt I got a sweet little handmade matryoshka and tissue holder, and some fat quarters of Flea Market Fancy and Heather Ross fabrics!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Kelli, you made my weekend!


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mini quilt! This hexagon pattern is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She did such a great job of combining patterns and colors. And lucky you with those FQs, too!

    ReplyDelete