Friday, November 6, 2009

Another Happy Day in Fabricland

Yipee! Yesterday I hit the Munki Munki Marshall's jackpot! Snowmen on flannel!
Shoes! Lipstick! Coffee! Polar Bears! Even the elusive OOP Coke Travelers! And full-length cotton poplin Camper Van robes! Lucky for me my mom is a Marshall's regular so she has been on the lookout. These are of course not all for me, some are for some of my lovely swap friends. If you have been searching Marshall's for Munki, too, now is the time to try because once they hit one it is only a matter of time before some of the other locations start receiving some too!

To top it off, I got a long-awaited parcel from Japan containing one of my all-time favorites, Little Peter Pan, and in three colorways. I couldn't resist buying a yard of each. These came from Sonatine on Etsy and she may have a bit left if you act fast. I'm pretty sure this line is long OOP and was too excited to see it pop up!

I also wanted to show you that, yes, I actually DO sew sometimes, not just shop for fabric! I have been trying to do a little work on this simple nine patch using all my Munki prints. It has been so much fun to cut into these fabrics. I am shooting for a twin size quilt for Lucy's big girl bed one day, so I have quite a long way to go, but I'm in no rush. I just wanted to play with the layout a bit, I am thinking of somewhat of a rainbow color-gradation.


I will be drawing the winners for the giveaway this weekend, too - so exciting! I can already tell from all your awesome comments they are going to wind up in a great home.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a score. I wish we had "Marshalls" in Canada! And your quilt will be fantastic - it is a great way to show off your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHA! the mailman cometh! what an adorable quilt. i love the gradient idea. i think one of my favorite quilts is a tablecloth on "Oh franssen" with heather ross gradients. i have been trying so hard to obtain as many of those fabrics as i can. it is hard so i appreciate your efforts. have fun and good luck on your giveaway. i did not enter because i don't have a "little" girl (yet) and i think someone should receive that package with a little girl to make a quilt for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so cute!!!! lucky lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! Lucky girl! Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one MAJOR score...how awesome!! Gotta love Marshalls. The 9 patch is looking great, and I love the idea of a rainbow affect. Can't wait to see it finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I scored with my local Marshalls on Friday too. No camper vans or snowmen, but I did find bicycles, owls, lipstick, coffee and coke travelers. Do you find that the salesperson at the counter looks at you funny when you go up to the counter with so many pj's in varying sizes? Or could it be that I am just paranoid with my arm full of munki prints. :-)
    Really enjoy your blog by the way. I am a new quilter and new mom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think someone should receive that package with a little girl to make a quilt for.
    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea you could find Munki at Marshall's. Where have I been?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I didn't see a different way to contact you...I was wondering if you have any leftovers of your fairy tale fabrics you'd be willing to part with? I'm trying to make a fairy tale quilt for my baby girl but it's hard to find the fabrics I want since most of them are out of print. :( If you have any - even little bits! - you'd be willing to sell would you please email me at suzannesaphone AT yahoo DOT com? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete