Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Stash #2



If you are reading my blog, you are probably already very aware of the illness that has inflicted hundreds of women around the world to scour Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ebay to collect Munki Munki pajamas. Yes, I am one of them. The bizarre part of the disease is leading most of the women to actually CUT the brand-new, never worn pajamas up to use the fabric in other projects! I must admit, I have fallen hard for the PJ bottoms themselves, so I have been opting to keep those intact and wear them to bed with tank top or t shirts (soooo comfy!) and use the tops for fabric stash. I just hope my husband doesn't start thinking it strange to come home to find me in gnome, alien or yoga girl pajamas every evening!

It may look as though I have been very unproductive this week, but the exact opposite is true, and that is why there have been no other posts this week. A dear friend ran off to Vegas recently and got hitched and her reception is tonight. So, I of course decided not only to make her a quilt for her wedding gift, but also to whip up the Socialite dress from Anna Maria Horner to wear to the party. Hopefully I can get a decent shot of the dress and post it tomorrow with a pattern review. The wedding quilt is not even close to being finished, but the top is almost finished. I hope to have it in the mail to her by the end of next week. So far I love it so much I'd like to keep it!

Happy Labor Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. i am one of those addicted to heather munki, but i am thinking how am i to cut these pj's. it does seem crazy, but i love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too :-) and I got to buy a pair from someone in our Flikr group since we don't have either of those stores here - and I kept my bottoms too. They are so soft!

    ReplyDelete